“What do you worry about?” asks the little gnome man sitting cross-legged on my bedside table.
“Nothing in particular. Who are you?” I stammer, swiftly throwing my shoe at him. I miss. He’s still sitting there. Who is he and how did he get in my house? I have an alarm system installed and all the doors and windows are locked so ????
Gnomes, am I right? So intrusive. Anyway, this post is about owls. Let’s get going.
1. Owls have binocular vision.
I honestly don’t know what the h e c k this means but dude I kinda wish I had it too.
2. Barn owls can eat up to 1,000 mice every year.
That’s freaking rude and disrespectful. Each of those mice probably had a family and now owls have to live with the guilt. Curse you, food chain.
3. Owls belong in the phylum chordata.
I’ve heard this term used in my 10th grade biology class so if you don’t know what this means I suggest you google it because I will not be explaining what a phylum is.
4. Owls cannot digest fur, feathers, or bones which is pretty gross if you ask me.
No further comments thanks.
5. Owls are my sixth favorite animal and most people adore them probably. I bet if you asked your sister her opinion on these cool birds she’d probably say something like “Yeah owls are neato!” I knew one in high school! His name was Tony and he wore a yellow beret!”
I ran out of real owl facts.